• Print
  • Email
calcThe goal of the 2013 Uniformity and Small Business Relief Act is to make life easier for taxpayers, but it also means some changes to the business tax, starting January 1, 2014. To Learn More Click Here
Businesses with questions may call our office at 865-457-6228 or the Tennessee Department of Revenue at 865-594-6101 or 800-342-1003. Renewals may also be processed online.
Businesses applying for a New Business License will still need to apply for the initial license with the County Clerk.
The County Clerk will also continue to be responsible for issuing licenses to transient vendors and owners, managers, operator, or promoters of antique malls, flea markets, craft shows, antique shows, gun shows, and auto shows.
Apply Online For a New Business License
Download a New Business Application
State Information for Businesses
Download Business Tax Return Forms

In Anderson County, most businesses must obtain a business license and report their gross receipts to the Department of Revenue on a yearly basis.

After the first 30 days of operation, a new business has an additional 30 days to obtain a license. The fee for a business license is $15.00. Applications can be completed in the County Clerk's office or by mail.

To receive an application, please call the office at 865-457-6229 . We will be glad to answer questions or mail an application. The completed application and $15 fee can be returned by mail to:

Jeff Cole, Anderson County Clerk
100 N Main Street, Room 111
Clinton, TN 37716-3690
Att. Business Tax Deputy Clerk
Phone: 865-457-6229

Note: When a business closes or transfers ownership, the owner must close out that business license with the Tennessee Department of Revenue 865-594-6100, or 800-342-1003 and any outstanding taxes must be paid in full. If this step has not been completed, the new owner can be liable for the outstanding taxes that were incurred by the previous owner.

donateOrgan donation gives life with others.  Your name on the Donate Life Tennessee Organ and Tissue Donor Registry you can help keep families together. Learn more >>

TWRAState hunting and fishing licenses are sold in the Clerk's Office. Visit the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency website or call us at 865.457.6226.

mitzitagsThe State of Tennessee offers more than 90 specialty license plates for Tennessee motorists to display on their registered motor vehicles. Learn More>

Copyright © 2017. Jeff Cole, Anderson County TN Clerk. Designed by Liberty Website Designs Liberty Webs